MetaTrader 4 questions
- Can I use the MetaTrader 4 terminal without being a your client?
No, but you can open a demo account and try our service without real money investment.
- What time is displayed in MT4?
While trading on our servers in MT4 you will see Central European Time (CMT) or GMT +1.
- Can I use a trading terminal from different computers?
You can use the terminal on any computer where it is installed.
- Why terminal does not connect with the server?
There can be several reasons:
1. Bad connection from the client side;
2. Bad connection from the server side;
3. Port 443 is not open on client side (firewall blocks connection).
- What are the MetaTrader 4 terminal system requirements?
Recommended: 64 MB RAM, 600 MHz, any processor (Celeron, Pentium III), modem 56k. Minimum screen resolution 800 х 600, recommended – 1024 х 768. Browser Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later. System configuration with the not recommended hardware may experience crashes when using the terminal.
- What does mean the message “Trade context busy” in MT4?
MT4 trading terminal can display the message “Trade context busy” when order execution was unsuccessful, e.g. in the case where due to bad internet connection with the trading server second order was sent to the client before the first order was executed. The second order in this case is put in queue and during this time the terminal displays a message “Trade context busy” at any attempt to make another order.
- What means message “Trade disabled” in MT4 terminal when trying to modify or open order?
The reasons may be as follows:
1. This message is typical for a situation where trading session for this currency pair is already ended, or has not yet begun.
2. Message is also displayed in violation of limits on the amount of simultaneously open positions or pending orders.
3. It is possible that you are using investors password in MT4 terminal that does not allow to open, close or modify orders.
- What means message in MT4 terminal “Invalid Account”?
The message “Invalid Account” may appear because of the following reasons:
1. Incorrect login. Your username is the account number in the Company, which contains only digits. Real account number contains seven digits. Demo account consists of 9 digits.
2. Incorrect password. The password is set by the Client when opening an account. The password must be at least 5 characters long and contain numbers and letters. Password to the terminal can be restored via our customer support center.
3. Incorrect server IP-address for authorization. In this case, you must download the latest version of the terminal from our website.
4. This account does not exist. Either your account has been placed in the archive.
- Charts in MT4 terminal are shown incorrectly (I see spikes), how to fix it?
1. Close the terminal.
2. Go to the folder where you installed terminal on your hard drive C: / Program Files / MetaTrader E-Global TFG / History / EGlobal-Real /, or in any other sub-folder where you installed the program. For the Demo account sub-folder will be named EGlobal-Demo.
3. Delete instrument file on which charts are shown incorrectly
*.hst. E.g. for instrument GBPUSD 1H chart file name will be gbpusd60.hst.
4. Open the terminal. Charts will be download from our server.